Accenture – Open Source DevOps
There are also a wealth of open source options for building a DevOps toolchain.
Described in this blog is the news Accenture open sourced their own DevOps design and tool set, and also an overview for how you can repeat your own implementation of their powerful model.
‘ADOP’ – Accenture DevOps Platform is:
a framework that glues together a suite of open source development tools and provides a really quick way of mobilizing software development projects in a consistent way, using a standard set of tools and processes (for example, Continuous Delivery). The framework can be configured for use for a particular technology using a ‘cartridge’.
ADOP is mainly a set of Docker-composed templates which provision a suite of DevOps tools, but along with the insights shared by Martin Croker the pioneer behind the idea through his blog, also constitutes a repeatable design recipe if you too want to implement a DevOps model for your organization.
In particular is the key blueprint design idea of ‘cartridges’, implemented through the core Jenkins foundation.
The key business benefit to note is how Martin describes an implementation of the environment can be stood up quickly in response to new client engagements, not only supporting those teams with agile processes but also ensuring they then follow defined central governance for DevOps practices, from the start.
Martin explains more in this video.
- Demo – Architecture Driven Modernization with Blu Age - January 22, 2018
- Cloud Native at AWS – Adrian Cockcroft, Amazon Web Services - January 21, 2018
- Inside Azure OS - January 21, 2018
- Mark Russinovich – Azure Container Service - January 21, 2018
- Container Journey: Past, Present, and Future - January 20, 2018
- AWS Digital Government – Innovation and Transformation - January 18, 2018
- Tasktop – Value Stream Architecture - November 27, 2017
- Accenture – Open Source DevOps - November 27, 2017
- AWS – Enterprise Cloud Adoption Maturity - November 27, 2017
- Serverless Startups – Inside @Skyscanner Engineering HQ, with Gareth Williams, CEO/Co-Founder - November 26, 2017