There are also a wealth of open source options for building a DevOps toolchain.
Described in this blog is the news Accenture open sourced their own DevOps design and tool set, and also an overview for how you can repeat your own implementation of their powerful model.
‘ADOP’ – Accenture DevOps Platform is:
a framework that glues together a suite of open source development tools and provides a really quick way of mobilizing software development projects in a consistent way, using a standard set of tools and processes (for example, Continuous Delivery). The framework can be configured for use for a particular technology using a ‘cartridge’.
ADOP is mainly a set of Docker-composed templates which provision a suite of DevOps tools, but along with the insights shared by Martin Croker the pioneer behind the idea through his blog, also constitutes a repeatable design recipe if you too want to implement a DevOps model for your organization.
In particular is the key blueprint design idea of ‘cartridges’, implemented through the core Jenkins foundation.
The key business benefit to note is how Martin describes an implementation of the environment can be stood up quickly in response to new client engagements, not only supporting those teams with agile processes but also ensuring they then follow defined central governance for DevOps practices, from the start.
Sponsors of this article
- API-Enabled Digital Ecosystems: From Product to Platform - November 13, 2018
- Architecture-driven Cloud migration and transformation - November 9, 2018
- Digital Maturity Model – A Framework for Planning Digital Transformation - November 9, 2018
- Digital Business Architecture – Enterprise Architecture and Digital Transformation - November 9, 2018
- Stephen Orban and Edward Wilson-Smythe: Driving Business Value through Technology - October 29, 2018
- Stephen Orban and Edward Wilson Smythe: Value Added Work in the Digital Economy - October 29, 2018
- Stephen Orban and Edward Wilson Smythe: CTOs Making Decisions that Boost Your Business - October 29, 2018
- Stephen Orban and Edward Wilson Smythe on Overcoming Regulatory and Organizational Roadblocks in IT - October 29, 2018
- AWS Summit 2015 | Singapore Keynote - October 29, 2018
- Stephen Orban and Edward Wilson Smythe on Solutions to Align CIO Expectations and IT - October 29, 2018