There are also a wealth of open source options for building a DevOps toolchain.
Described in this blog is the news Accenture open sourced their own DevOps design and tool set, and also an overview for how you can repeat your own implementation of their powerful model.
‘ADOP’ – Accenture DevOps Platform is:
a framework that glues together a suite of open source development tools and provides a really quick way of mobilizing software development projects in a consistent way, using a standard set of tools and processes (for example, Continuous Delivery). The framework can be configured for use for a particular technology using a ‘cartridge’.
ADOP is mainly a set of Docker-composed templates which provision a suite of DevOps tools, but along with the insights shared by Martin Croker the pioneer behind the idea through his blog, also constitutes a repeatable design recipe if you too want to implement a DevOps model for your organization.
In particular is the key blueprint design idea of ‘cartridges’, implemented through the core Jenkins foundation.
The key business benefit to note is how Martin describes an implementation of the environment can be stood up quickly in response to new client engagements, not only supporting those teams with agile processes but also ensuring they then follow defined central governance for DevOps practices, from the start.
Martin explains more in this video.
- IaaS or PaaS – Migrating Legacy Microsoft Applications to Azure ‘Business as a Platform’ - July 21, 2018
- Serverless Startups – Inside @Skyscanner Engineering HQ, with Gareth Williams, CEO/Co-Founder - July 21, 2018
- Hybrid Cloud: Taming the Digital Dragon - July 21, 2018
- Microservices on AWS - April 28, 2018
- AWS re:Invent 2017 Keynote – Werner Vogels - April 9, 2018
- Sharepoint to Azure Transformation - April 6, 2018
- Cloud Transformation: Migration and Modernization - April 6, 2018
- Cloud Native at AWS – Adrian Cockcroft, Amazon Web Services - January 21, 2018
- Mark Russinovich – Azure Container Service - January 21, 2018
- AWS Digital Government – Innovation and Transformation - January 18, 2018