Capgemini launches strategic initiative with Amazon Web Services to accelerate enterprise digital transformation via cloud technologies
Paris, September 18, 2018 – Capgemini is launching a Group strategic initiative to aggressively expand its cloud capabilities with Amazon Web Services (AWS), helping clients to increase their business insights, agility, security and cost effectiveness to drive improvements in their business performance. Increasing attention to the needs of European clients, Capgemini and AWS will focus on SAP migrations, mass application migrations, accelerated data center modernization, artificial intelligence and machine learning.
Cloud has fundamentally changed the economic landscape for many enterprises. Faced with disruptions from both existing players and new competition in parallel industries, many enterprises are now under significant pressure to maintain and improve their competitive advantage. Earlier this year Capgemini found that cloud leaders are building more than 20% of their applications in the cloud, driven by the need to improve velocity, collaboration, and customer experience.
This new initiative combines AWS’s comprehensive ecosystem of cloud technologies with Capgemini’s global expertise in applications, on-premises infrastructure and cloud managed services to drive time-to-market reduction, productivity gains and cost savings. It will also open up new business opportunities for enterprises through the implementation of artificial intelligence (AI), automation, and innovative customer interfaces. The first focus of the initiative will be on:
- Migration of enterprise SAP implementations to AWS to help enhance operational efficiency, allowing greater enterprise agility, cost effectiveness, security and the surfacing of new insights to drive business performance
- Accelerated application renewal for the enterprise through mass application migration to deliver managed services and solutions on AWS and build new cloud native applications leveraging the extensive AWS ecosystem
- Accelerated data center modernization strategies by leveraging VMware cloud on AWS to deliver an end-to-end hybrid cloud solution, to help maximize clients’ existing on-premises data center investments
- Support for European and global enterprises to maximize the top line business opportunities from GDPR, including to help meet compliance needs and use data more strategically
As part of this new focus, Capgemini plans to innovate and build end-to-end solutions and accelerators in collaboration with AWS, leveraging the global network of Capgemini’s Applied Innovation Exchanges (AIEs) to infuse automation, artificial intelligence and machine learning into customer solutions. One example is the integration of Amazon Alexa with customer data to create both new interactions and increased customer satisfaction in the hospitality sector. Capgemini holds more than 700 AWS certifications including associate and professional level certifications and plans to add 5,400 certifications to support this initiative.
“Capgemini has been a key contributor in our work of building a cloud-based, real-time big data solution including machine learning and analytics hosted on AWS. This has allowed us to further increase our competitive edge as a leading IoT supplier,” said Anders Bresell, Head of Technology Development & Data Science, at Telenor Connexion.
“Capgemini has partnered extensively with ABN AMRO to develop and operate a foundation platform built on AWS and made available to DevOps teams within the bank, which is actively used by over 50 DevOps teams. Developers praise the velocity with which new AWS services are offered and find the support ecosystem an excellent fit for their needs. A number of workloads which are key to ABN AMRO’s digital portfolio are currently in production through the support of Capgemini and AWS,” said Jeroen van der Leer, Product Development Manager at ABN AMRO.
This initiative with AWS builds upon the two organizations’ ten-year relationship. Capgemini is a Premier Consulting Partner in the AWS Partner Network (APN) and an AWS Managed Service Partner.
Aiman Ezzat, Group Executive Board member and Chief Operating Officer at Capgemini said, “Our clients look for global scale and excellence in digital transformation, enabled by cloud technologies. With a commitment to scaling our AWS capabilities we can bring to our clients’ digital journeys both operational efficiencies and the power of new technologies, such as artificial intelligence and machine learning.”
Andy Isherwood, Vice President and Managing Director EMEA, Amazon Web Services, Inc. said, “Capgemini has already helped many customers leverage the scale, security, and agility of AWS services to innovate on the cloud. This new business group will help organizations of all sizes accelerate their adoption of cloud technologies, and we look forward to collaborating with them to help even more customers on their digital transformation journeys.”
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2017 global revenues of EUR 12.8 billion.
Sponsors of this article
- API-Enabled Digital Ecosystems: From Product to Platform - November 13, 2018
- Architecture-driven Cloud migration and transformation - November 9, 2018
- Digital Maturity Model – A Framework for Planning Digital Transformation - November 9, 2018
- Digital Business Architecture – Enterprise Architecture and Digital Transformation - November 9, 2018
- Stephen Orban and Edward Wilson-Smythe: Driving Business Value through Technology - October 29, 2018
- Stephen Orban and Edward Wilson Smythe: Value Added Work in the Digital Economy - October 29, 2018
- Stephen Orban and Edward Wilson Smythe: CTOs Making Decisions that Boost Your Business - October 29, 2018
- Stephen Orban and Edward Wilson Smythe on Overcoming Regulatory and Organizational Roadblocks in IT - October 29, 2018
- AWS Summit 2015 | Singapore Keynote - October 29, 2018
- Stephen Orban and Edward Wilson Smythe on Solutions to Align CIO Expectations and IT - October 29, 2018