Tasktop – Value Stream Architecture
In the vendor blog Tasktop – DevOps Integration Hub.
To translate these principles into practical templates for enterprise organizations, Tasktop describes ‘Value Stream Architecture’:
Other vendor examples offer the full integrated suite, such as Tasktop’s Integration Hub.
As they suggest in their blog one of the key bottlenecks constricting the throughput of DevOps teams is the lack of integration between the different tools used to complete the software development lifecycle. So they have suggested the need for a general solution category, a ‘DevOps Integration Hub‘ as a particular fit for this need.
They offer a DevOps Integration suite that can be used to build linked permutations such as:
- Exposes their Tasktop integration platform with a modern webhook, REST and JSON based integration layer that will allow any DevOps tool to be connected to the software lifecycle, such as Selenium-based test execution to Agile planning tools.
- Jenkins integration for flowing build information to user stories or requirements, as well as Github and Gerrit integration for automating change set traceability.
They describe how the 1,000 strong Bosch team have achieved a unified tool chain that funnels 2,500 feature requests a month from electric car innovation programs, into a single dash board for developers to prioritize and action.
Furthermore by tying together Jenkins with the automation to burn Flash ECUs they have empowered the team to work around a true end-to-end Continuous Deployment lifecycle.
It’s a very powerful metaphor when you consider how literally it enables sharing of best practices. High velocity team processes that have been developed by a real team, encoded into the application patterns they use to achieve them, is a big building block for enabling this.
- AWS re:Invent 2017 Keynote – Werner Vogels - April 9, 2018
- Sharepoint to Azure Transformation - April 6, 2018
- Cloud Transformation: Migration and Modernization - April 6, 2018
- Cloud Native at AWS – Adrian Cockcroft, Amazon Web Services - January 21, 2018
- Mark Russinovich – Azure Container Service - January 21, 2018
- AWS Digital Government – Innovation and Transformation - January 18, 2018
- Tasktop – Value Stream Architecture - November 27, 2017
- Accenture – Open Source DevOps - November 27, 2017
- AWS – Enterprise Cloud Adoption Maturity - November 27, 2017
- Serverless Startups – Inside @Skyscanner Engineering HQ, with Gareth Williams, CEO/Co-Founder - November 26, 2017