As Dean Paron Director, Azure Data Box, explains in his blog, Microsoft have announced general availability of the Data Box Family, also adding new products including the Azure Data Box Edge and the Azure Data Box Gateway, as well as introducing the 1 PB Azure Data Box Heavy option.
Data Box Edge, an on-premises appliance with AI-enabled edge compute capabilities.
Data Box Edge acts as a storage gateway, creating a link between your site and Azure storage. This makes moving data into and out of Azure storage as easy as working with a local network share. Data Box Edge provides a local cache and optimizes network traffic to and from the cloud.
Data Box Edge also provides a computing platform via IoT Edge, which lets you deploy Azure services and custom code and applications to the edge. This means that you can analyze, filter, or transform your data right at the edge as part of your workflow. And to accelerate machine-learning workloads, Data Box Edge will have FPGA option powered by Microsoft’s Project Brainwave.
The Data Box Family
Mathew Dickson joins Donovan Brown to discuss the Data Box family of solutions to meet the challenge of moving data to the cloud. Azure Data Box offline devices help you transfer large amounts of data to Azure when the network isn’t an option. Data Box online products act as network storage gateways to intelligently manage data between your site and Azure.
With Data Box Edge, Microsoft is adding online capabilities to the Azure Data Box family and integrating the compute capabilities of Azure IoT Edge, a solution used by customers such as Cree.
Due to their tremendous growth, Cree needed a storage solution capable of keeping up with their business needs. By using Data Box Edge, they have been able to support their growth by storing data in the cloud.
- Harnessing the The Platform Revolution - October 18, 2018
- AWS Digital Government – Blueprint for a Digital Nation - October 18, 2018
- Netflix – Exemplar blueprint for Cloud Native Computing - October 17, 2018
- British Columbia pioneers Self-Sovereign Identity – Building Digital Trust into the Web - October 8, 2018
- Legacy to Azure Cloud Migration - October 7, 2018
- Microsoft expands Azure Data Box family with Edge and Gateway products - October 7, 2018
- Tasktop – Value Stream Architecture - October 7, 2018
- ITIL and Cloud Native DevOps – Managing high volume complexity with Nirmata - October 6, 2018
- Microsoft expands Azure Data Box family with Edge and Gateway products - September 30, 2018
- Comic Relief: Multi-Cloud Microservices with Cloud Foundry for Massive Scale E-Commerce - September 30, 2018