Tasktop offers a solution for ‘Value stream management for software development’.
in the world of Agile and DevOps, there is no one platform. Instead, we are witnessing a large-scale disaggregation of the tool chain towards the best-of-breed solutions. For large-scale Agile and DevOps transformations to succeed, we must shift our thinking from end-to-end platform to tool chain modularity.
As they suggest in their blog one of the key bottlenecks constricting the throughput of DevOps teams is the lack of integration between the different tools used to complete the software development lifecycle. So they have suggested the need for a general solution category, a ‘DevOps Integration Hub‘ as a particular fit for this need.
They offer a DevOps Integration suite that can be used to build linked permutations such as:
- Exposes their Tasktop integration platform with a modern webhook, REST and JSON based integration layer that will allow any DevOps tool to be connected to the software lifecycle, such as Selenium-based test execution to Agile planning tools.
- Jenkins integration for flowing build information to user stories or requirements, as well as Github and Gerrit integration for automating change set traceability.
They describe how the 1,000 strong Bosch team have achieved a unified tool chain that funnels 2,500 feature requests a month from electric car innovation programs, into a single dash board for developers to prioritize and action.
Furthermore by tying together Jenkins with the automation to burn Flash ECUs they have empowered the team to work around a true end-to-end Continuous Deployment lifecycle.
It’s a very powerful metaphor when you consider how literally it enables sharing of best practices. High velocity team processes that have been developed by a real team, encoded into the application patterns they use to achieve them, is a big building block for enabling this.
- Harnessing the The Platform Revolution - October 18, 2018
- AWS Digital Government – Blueprint for a Digital Nation - October 18, 2018
- Netflix – Exemplar blueprint for Cloud Native Computing - October 17, 2018
- British Columbia pioneers Self-Sovereign Identity – Building Digital Trust into the Web - October 8, 2018
- Legacy to Azure Cloud Migration - October 7, 2018
- Microsoft expands Azure Data Box family with Edge and Gateway products - October 7, 2018
- Tasktop – Value Stream Architecture - October 7, 2018
- ITIL and Cloud Native DevOps – Managing high volume complexity with Nirmata - October 6, 2018
- Microsoft expands Azure Data Box family with Edge and Gateway products - September 30, 2018
- Comic Relief: Multi-Cloud Microservices with Cloud Foundry for Massive Scale E-Commerce - September 30, 2018