Cloud Native is the new term that Google, VMware, SAP and many others are using to describe a Netflix-inspired technology evolution to a microservices architecture and continuous deployment model.
In this book we provide a round up of the Cloud Best Practices that can be utilized to achieve this vision, covering:
Table of Contents
- Flagship Case Studies - How Netflix revolutionized application architecture through Microservices, enabling others like Nike to follow their lead.
- The Platform Business Model - The repeatable formula for the digital disruption pioneered by the 'Digital Natives' like Uber, Netflix and Airbnb.
- Cloud Native Maturity Model - A documented formula for building 'Cloud Aware' applications.
- Microservices Containers - A building block of Cloud Native computing.
- From Silos to DevOps - Utilizing the 'Inverse Conway Manoeuvre' to transform from a hierarchical department model for your IT organization, to an agile DevOps one.
- DevOps PLM - How to combine all of these tools with key management principles like the Theory of Constraints, to maximize developer productivity and boost cash flow.
Kubernetes: The Path to Cloud Native - Eric Brewer
The Making of a Cloud Native Application Platform - Sam Ramji Keynote
GOTO 2014 • Migrating to Cloud Native with Microservices • Adrian Cockcroft
Traditional vs Cloud Native Applications
Cloudify - OpenStack Native
Transformation - It Takes a Platform (A Cloud-Native Application Platform) by Cornelia Davis
VMware Strategy: Journey to a Cloud-Native Enabled Future
Building a Microservice using Node.js & Docker
Latest Cloud Native blogs